Domestic Violence Attorneys Proudly Serving Santa Rosa
Are you in danger now? If you need immediate help please call 911.
You can reach out to a Santa Rosa Domestic Violence Lawyer and/or your local Domestic Violence Shelter by clicking or calling:
- California Department of Public Health
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233/ TDD: 1-800-787-3224
What is Domestic Violence?
The California legal definition of domestic violence is when your current or former spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend, someone you have a child in common with, someone you live(d) with, or someone you are related to by blood or marriage, does one of the following (Fam. Code §§ 6211,6203&6320(a))
- Causes or attempts to cause you physical injury;
- Sexually assaults you;
- Makes you fear that you or another person is in danger of immediate, serious physical injury;
- Molests, attacks, strikes, batters (uses force), or stalks you;
- Threatens or harasses you, either in person or through phone calls, emails, etc.;
- Destroys your personal property; and/or
- Disrupts your peace.
Temporary Restraining Order aka TRO
A temporary restraining order is filed as an ex parte motion. It is of limited duration until the judge can hold a hearing on the issue. To be granted a TRO you must be able to convince the judge that he or she will suffer immediate irreparable harm unless the order is issued. TRO’s are issued outside of a hearing, inside the judge’s chambers. If the temporary order is granted, a hearing will be set, at which time the TRO will be extended or dropped.
Contact a Santa Rosa Domestic Violence Lawyer Today!
If you have fallen victim to any form of domestic violence, don’t delay. You need an experienced attorney to help defend your case. A Santa Rosa Domestic Violence Lawyer can defend your rights and can offer the help needed. Call Vandyk Law at (707) 528-1100 for a no-fee consultation.